Hot Works’ Boca Raton Fine Art Show has been voted in the top 100 art shows in the nation – a testament to our efforts & successes. The Boca Raton Fine Art Show is bi-annual, with the fall show November 5 & 6, 2022 outdoors in downtown Sanborn Square Park in Boca Raton just south of the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
Rules: All work is original & personally handmade by the artist in the show. Hot Works shows are juried by art professionals – if you do not make your work, please do not apply.
Friday move-in & easy parking. Tents 4 Events offers advance rental for Light Domes $215 and pro-panels $140 includes set up and tear-down.
Our #1 goal at Hot Works is to make the Boca Raton Fine Art Show a pleasant & profitable experience for all of our artists and sponsors – we aim to be an enjoyable family-friendly event & destination for which we can all take great pride.
Hot Works. Your Art. Our Passion.
Hot Works’ Boca Raton Fine Art Show™
November 5 & 6, 2022
Sanborn Square Park
72 N Federal Hwy, Boca Raton, FL 3343
• AUTHENTICITY. Art must be original and handcrafted by the artist who is present at the show. Individuals selling work that is not his/her own or otherwise misrepresenting his/her work or themselves are not welcome and are requested to refrain from applying. No manufactured items are to be displayed or sold. Artists found not to be in compliance will be asked to remove the unacceptable items, and risk closure of their booth for the rest of the show with no refund. The person in the booth must be the person who made the work. If more than one person is employed in making the work, you must state so on the application and describe the contribution each person makes in executing the work and/or the finished piece.
• HOURS: Artists must be present during the entire open hours of the show and must personally staff their booth. A government issued picture ID must be available at check-in, upon request.
• COLLABORATIONS: Collaborative work is when two or more artists work together and should be submitted as a joint application. If accepted, collaborating artists may only exhibit work that is truly collaborative and in which all or both artists must contribute a substantial portion of the final artwork. Supportive and ancillary activities (such as matting and framing) are not considered part of a collaborative effort.
• YOUR WORK. Work must match the proportions depicted in submitted images.
• BEADING. For fiber/bead artists: if the beading is sophisticated sewing and art in itself, it will be considered for acceptance into Hot Works events; otherwise Hot Works frowns against simple assembly, which refers to buying the beads and sewing it on a string. Hot Works will individually consider such applications, but our decision is final.
• DISPLAY must remain within assigned space. No infringement into public areas, and into the spaces of other artists. There can be no booth appendages in any direction, including upward. The only exception is an awning, and only if it does not interfere with an emergency vehicle that may have to drive down an aisle. You are liable for any damage caused as a result of your protruding piece either from the ground or from the top of your structure. Booth height at the show must be the same as booth height in booth slide submitted for application.
• SHARING No sharing booths unless all artists are represented in juried images.
• ELECTRIC: Limited electricity is available for this show. The cost is $50. Generators labeled for outdoor use are permitted, but they must be placed 20’ away from any tent structure, and only if they do not disturb anyone else, for whatever reason. Please let us know if you are bringing a generator. Artists expecting to bring generators must, in their applications, disclose equipment description and where you expect to place the generator. Hot Works retains the right to refuse such requests, if, in our opinion, it will be disruptive to others and/or generate complaints from others. Invertor/batteries that are quiet and do not smell are preferred.
• PRINTS & REPRODUCTIONS are accepted when clearly labeled and limited to 30% or less of work displayed.
• EDITIONS. Photography, digital, or giclée art prints must be limited editions of 250 or less, signed and numbered, and printed on archival quality materials.
• PHOTOGRAPHY. We define “Photography” as the art or process of producing images by the formation of an image on a light sensitive surface or by an acceptable digital printing process. If applying in the “Digital” category, digital art prints must be made from the artist’s original digital file.
• INVENTORY. Each artist must provide enough work to exhibit and sell during the entire time of the art show. Artists who break down or leave early before closing time on any day of the event will not be permitted to return the following day or to future Hot Works shows unless proof of an emergency is provided.
• EXHIBIT KIT & POST CARDS. An artist package is mailed approximately one month prior to the show and will include 20 post cards. Please advise if a different quantity is needed; we are happy to provide you with as many postcards as you need.
• MAILING LISTS are encouraged for all shows. If you do not have a mailing list, it is recommended that you start one in each city you do an event.
• SOCIAL MEDIA. Is the most affordable way to promote your participation in the show. We can help you if you… post and Like us on Facebook and Instagram. www.facebook.com/hotworksartshows @hotworksartshows
• PLACEMENT. Booth assignments are at the sole discretion of the event and are not interchangeable. Hot Works will accept and, do its best to honor, special location requests, but cannot make any guarantees. Corner spaces are available for purchase and are assigned solely on availability and discretion of the event. Booth assignments and map of event will be available on the website a minimum of one week prior to show date.
• TRAILERS. For logistic purposes, artists with trailers that need to be driven onto the event site, must notify size of trailer 3 weeks prior to show.
• TENT SAFETY. Heavier duty tents such as Light Dome canopy or Show-Off canopy are used by most professional artists. The umbrella-type, expandable canopy by any manufacturer or distributor is not recommended, as they are the first to come down on a windy day. If you must use the umbrella-type expandable tent, as with all tents, a minimum of 50 pounds of weight on each corner is required. In addition, if there is rain, the weight of the ponding water on top of a canopy tent can potentially collapse it. Bolstering the inside corners will make the canvas tighter and avoids ponding on top on the tent. Swim noodles or hula hoops (you can purchase these from the $1 store) placed in corners between frame and canvas top can avoid ponding. At night, canopy tents must be lowered to withstand overnight bad weather.
• SET-UP. When setting up your tent, the entire aisle must have the front of the tents lined up, with no protruding items in the front of your tent.
• DISPLAY. Paintings or other art are not permitted to be displayed on the ground, unless it as shown in your booth image submitted with your application and approved by the event.
• SIGNS. Artists can only hang the sign that is provided by the art show.
• BOOTH REVIEW. Hot Works will review booths onsite to ensure rules and standards are adhered.
• SALES TAX must be collected and remitted to the State of Florida. The combined Naples, Florida sales tax rate for state, county and city sales tax rates is 7.0%; call State of Florida at 800-352-3671 or obtain the sales tax form online at https://floridarevenue.com/taxes/taxesfees/Pages/sales_tax.aspx
*RENTAL PACKAGES: Tents 4 Events offers for rent Light Dome tent $170 + tax; pro-panels are $100 + tax and includes set up; contact Joe at (954) 675-7634 or Shannon at (561) 713-7056